“When I was a kid I dreamed of being an airplane pilot”
“If you asked me what I wanted to be when I was a kid, I would have told you “airplane pilot,” but now I fly in a different sense. When I’m on my bike, I’m riding to transform my dream – to win Ironman Hawaii a second time – into reality. To achieve this, I train 30 hours per week and ride 15,000 kilometers per year.
Triathlon is a great sport that combines swimming, cycling and running in one “man-to-man” race and every finish in an Ironman is a personal achievement, whether you win it or not.
Off the bike what I enjoy most is spending time with my wife and two boys. Out of competition I’ll allow myself to indulge in some good wine and my favorite Italian food.”
- Ironman World Champion 2013
- Ironman France Champion 2011-2012-2013
- Ironman South Africa Champion 2015
- Abu Dhabi International triathlon Champion 2011-2013
- European Champion Long distance triathlon 2007